Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Soundtrack...

I've always been a fan of the silly things people say.  I admittedly like the way a bad joke is told, and the way people laugh when they think nobody is listening.  I like the honesty of words that are said into the darkness, and the way our bodies betray us with an honesty our words sometimes cannot convey.

The crazy things we say are the soundtrack of our lives and sometimes if we're lucky we say them into the world and someone hears them.  Someone *really* hears them and comprehends, absorbing and digesting the sounds, the sentiment...

In my life so far, the soundtrack has run the gamut from joy to sorrow and everything in between, and often times those words are tinged with a hint of something that can't quite be described as anything less than naked emotion.  The soundtrack is constantly evolving, changing to suit the ever-evolving me, a combination of experience and inexperience, as much as any good top 100 list of fave tunes.

The experiences of travel and the connection with the world around us harmonizes these seemingly disjointed words and brings to them a better context in which to reverberate to those around us.  The ability to see something more than our own lives and to share it is that much greater than any single individual.

I think of this soundtrack from time to time, and liken it to the whirling of a CD in my car, the windows rolled down and the wind chilling my skin.  I think of this soundtrack and realize that the words are all music, completing the experience and waking me to the view outside the window.

Thanks for coming along for the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment